Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting the word out



On August 5th, I met with Portia who is a first grade teacher at a charter school. We met up at Barnes and Nobles in Union Square and she told me about her experience as an elementary school teacher. She recommend some books on teaching and gave me useful teaching tips.

I have been busy with researching and also spreading the word about my project. I am still raising funds for the Phaplu Community School! I have been doing small gathering.

On August 6th, Dawa and Pasang Sherpa invited me to come over to talk about my presentation. Thank you for having us over! : )


On August 8th, Mike had me over to his apt to present my project to some of his friends. Thank you Mike for letting me share my experience with your friends. It's always fun to relive my memories about the school to friends!

In total we had raised $400 this week! Thanks to everyone who came to listen and donated~



1 comment:

redkat said...

Wow!! Well I am so happy for you about your new big adventure... I am proud of you too. I know you can do it. I love you and I am rooting for you. I will check here periodically for updates! Miss you and think of you often!