Friday, November 13, 2009

Private and Government Schools


This week I spent two days to visit two government and two private schools. Jana Jagriti Lower secondary school and Dudhkunda Himalaya were the government schools.

There were two things that I was surprised about. One was that Dudhkunda Himalaya had a small library filled with only 63 different titles from Room to Read.

This is a sign in the teacher's office.I think it s says all I need to say. Does this make any sense to you?

The Jana Jagriti Lower secondary school had a computer with Nepali and English letters in their office.


Here's a picture of a classroom.

The students are curious!


First grade classroom at Jana Jagriti Lower secondary school



I like this sign at White Hills!


At Mount Everest they have a small computer lab. This is the organization that has donated the computer. They are from Denmark.


After visiting these schools they gave me a general idea of the schools and their conditions. Once I finish my written comparison I will post it.

No comments: